This is my version of banana cupcakes with chocolate frosting. I kind of failed with the frosting. It’s not stiff enough to stand, I think I used too much milk, so I just smudge it on top. Well, pastry is not really my thing. And I just used whatever I can find in the kitchen as substitute ingredient. As for my first time to bake, I say not bad. Lol
Ingredients for the chocolate frosting:
- 1/2 c hershey’s kisses (the plain ones)
- 3 T butter
- 1 c confectioner’s sugar
- 8 T milk
- 4 T all-purpose cream
- Melt the chocolate and butter together. Then let cool for 5 minutes.
- Mix the choco mixture and sugar using an electric mixer.
- Add the vanilla extract. Add milk and cream 1 tablespoon at a time.
I did the frosting first, then let it cool in the freezer while I bake the cupcakes. I put too much milk on my mixture so it didn’t go with the shape I want using a pastry bag. So up to you how much milk to put instead. My guess, 4 tablespoons will do.
Ingredients for the cupcake:
- 1 c all-purpose flour
- 1/2 t baking powder and baking soda
- 1//4 t salt
- 1/3 c butter, softened
- 1/3 c sugar
- 1 1/2 t vanilla extract
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1/3 c chopped nuts (I used pistachio)
- Preheat the oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Combine dry ingredients together in a bowl, except sugar.
- In another bowl, mix butter and sugar. Add the vanilla extract.
- Then beat in the eggs, one at a time.
- Mix in the dry ingredients. Add the bananas and nuts.
- Scoop in cupcake liners. Bake for about 15 to 18 minutes or do the toothpick test.
- Let it cool first before frosting.