Here’s how I did my nails today.
1. Put on a base color for your gradient. Preferably white.
2. Get a sponge and dip it in water and squeeze out excess water. Just make it wet not soaked, just so the polish won’t really be absorbed by the sponge.
3. Brush on polish of your choice onto the sponge. Make sure it could cover your fingernail completely.
4. Quickly roll the sponge on your nail from one side to the other. Do it several times for full coverage. I did mine 3 to 4 times.
5. While the polish is still wet, brush on a top coat. The colors would blend more nicely this way.
6. Get a flat brush, cotton bud, and nail polish remover for clean up. And you’re done! 🙂
(Polishes I used, OMG – Demure as base color. OMG – First Date and Caronia – Baby Pink for the pinks. OMG – Prom Queen and Caronia – First Crush for the purples. SanSan clear polish for top coat.)