Just for the sake of me trying to appreciate my V-day manicure, I added more hearts to it.
So here’s an easy way to do hearts design.
1. Get a dotting tool with a big tip. If you want to do a smaller heart design, use a dotting tool with a smaller tip. (If you don’t have any, you can use makeshift dotting tools. You could use a toothpick or barbecue stick, then cut the tips for big dots or just flatten them to make smaller dots.) Also, make sure your base polish is already dry.
2. Get a red polish, or you could use whatever color you would like. Dip the dotting tool into the polish bottle. (What I did was I got a piece of foil and put a few drops of polish, just so my polish bottle won’t dry or thicken.) Then make a dot on your nail.
3. Dip the dotting tool into the polish again, and make another dot right beside of the one you already made.
4. After placing the second dot, just lightly drag the tool slightly downward. Just enough to meet the other dot. Much like making a letter V.
5. Get a striping brush and another polish to make the outline of the hearts. I used black. (If you don’t have a striping brush, you can also use a toothpick. Just slightly flatten the tip.)
6. Make the outline of the hearts. If you’re hand is a little shaky, like mine, do the outline little at a time. (If you can’t do the curves using a brush, just try to make connected dots.)
7. Wait ’til the design is dry. Then lightly brush your topcoat, and you’re done.
Hope this helps! 🙂
For the smaller hearts that I did on my Vday mani, I pretty much did the technique I did with my Pastel Flowers. I just used a dotting tool and did the black hearts first, then a smaller red heart inside.
And for application of loose glitters, see here. Or you could also use whatever base polish you like.
Thanks for reading!
Xx — A.